Healthy eating is essential for the proper functioning of the body.
Eating healthy and combined with physical exercise contributes to quality of life.
How to have a healthy diet?
One way to get healthy food is through the Food Pyramid . It consists of a graph that systematizes food according to its functions and nutrients .
Each portion of the pyramid represents a group of foods and the recommended daily amount.
The foods that need to be consumed in greater quantities are at the base of the pyramid. While the foods that need to have moderate consumption are at the top.
At the base of the pyramid are energy foods, which are rich in carbohydrates such as pasta, bread, cereal and rice. They must be included in every meal.
The fruits and vegetables should be consumed in three portions during the day. This group includes regulating foods and is in the middle portion of the pyramid. The exotic fruits also become a consumer option to have a healthy, contributing to increase the diversity of consumption.
At the top of the food pyramid are fats, oils, sugars and sweets.
The first Brazilian food pyramid was created in 1999. It was based on the typical Brazilian eating habits and foods.
Healthy eating is important because it provides a series of benefits, such as:
- Improvement of the immune system
- Greater ability to concentrate
- More disposition for daily activities
- Prevention of diseases
- Assists sleep
- Fight depression and stress
The lack of a healthy diet is related to malnutrition and eating disorders .
Tips for healthy eating
Some habits can be adopted to achieve a healthy diet. Are they:
- Avoid consumption of vegetable oils and butters
- Consume less salt and sugar
- Drink at least 2 liters of water per day
- Avoid foods with preservatives
- Looking for a varied and colorful food
- Eat 3 to 5 servings of fruit a day
- Eat at regular 3-hour intervals
- Avoid fast foods
Projects on Healthy Eating in Schools
Schools can encourage children and adolescents to seek healthy eating.
In this sense, many projects can be developed. Some activities to be developed are:
- School garden creation
- School research on the topic
- Culinary recipe workshops
- Lectures with nutritionists
- Creation of texts, music and exhibitions on the theme