The practice of physical activities is essential to improve the quality of life.
The combination of a balanced diet and exercise routine results in a healthy body and disease prevention.
An exercise routine should be adopted by people of all ages.
What are the health benefits of physical activity?
The list of health benefits of physical activity is long and includes numerous gains for the proper functioning of the body:
- Reduces the risk of heart disease, heart attacks and stroke;
- Strengthening of the immune system ;
- Improvement of sleep quality;
- Reduction of body fat and increase in muscle mass;
- Promotes well-being and improved self-esteem;
- Contributes to maintaining the ideal weight;
- Increased disposition and physical endurance;
- Regulation of blood pressure and blood glucose level;
- Decreases stress;
- Improvement of muscle tone, strength, balance and flexibility;
- Strengthening of bones and joints.
People who do not practice any type of physical activity are considered sedentary and may have their health compromised.
The sedentary lifestyle has a high incidence in the population and is considered a public health problem. It is estimated that in Brazil 46% of the population is sedentary.
Lack of physical activity also contributes to obesity , which is the accumulation of excess body fat.
Obesity increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as hypertension and atherosclerosis, diabetes, sleep apnea and risk of death from cardiovascular disease.
How to start practicing physical activities?
With the routine full of activities, the time for physical activities is compromised. The ideal is to practice some type of physical activity that moves large muscle groups such as swimming, walking and cycling.
Try to adopt 30 minutes of physical activities in your days. Some simple and quick tasks can help you get started. Check out some tips:
- Choose short walks;
- Make use of stairs, instead of elevators and escalators;
- Take the dog for a walk on the street;
- Wash the car;
- Ride a bike;
- Looking for company with other people to exercise, this will make the activity more pleasant and reduce the risk of quitting.
Before starting a physical activity, especially the heaviest and most demanding ones, it is recommended to consult a doctor. The same goes for people who have some form of heart disease, diabetes or bone problems.
It is also essential to drink plenty of water and have a healthy diet . Remember that a balanced diet is also essential for maintaining health.
Based on studies, the Ministry of Health of Brazil indicates that 260 thousand deaths per year due to cancer and heart disease could be prevented if the Brazilian population adopted the habit of practicing 30 minutes of physical activities for five days a week and through healthy eating.